Happy beginnings of the year to you!
I hope that whatever happy and challenging experiences come your way this year, you are able to learn some stuff and be more at peace.
To support you in all the changes you'll be making this year, I wanted to share with you one of my preferred forms of natural medicine - Homeopathy. Homeopathy is an excellent addition to your acupuncture and natural medicine routine and I hope you enjoy some of the suggestions below.
A Beginners Guide to Homeopathy
I highly recommend using homeopathic medicine and the Hyland's homeopathic household kit is a great investment to make. Whether you have nausea, a cold, or an injury, there are things in this kit to help and the kit will last for years. As you start using it, you will find it becoming your go-to for regular complaints for you, your friends and family.
Homeopathy is a great natural medicine. It is fast-acting when taking the right remedy and has no side effects. The homeopathic remedies listed below treat common ailments. More constitutional based remedies require the professional help of a homeopath but for symptoms like these, you may work with the remedies on your own.
It is fine to take a few doses in a day and as soon as your symptoms change, take the new remedy that fits. Fill the cap with 4-5 pellets and empty under your tongue without ever touching the remedy. The pellets dissolve quickly and results can happen within minutes. The remedies are safe for anyone, including children and during pregnancy.
Sniffles & Sneezing
- Use Pulsatilla especially if clingy & weepy
- Allium Cepa for watery nasal discharge and watery eyes
- Mercurius Vivus & Aconitum Napellus for a sore throat & at the beginning of sickness
- Phosphorus: good for an intense sore throat
- Hepar Sulphuris Calcareum & Antimonium Tartaricum move phlegm out of the lungs & throat
- Bryonia Alba for a dry, hacking cough
- Phosphorus & Gelsemium for a persistent cough
- Rhus Toxicodendron is used for a racking cough during sleep and stitching pains in the chest
- Spongia Tosta for the final stages of a croupy cough
- Arsenicum Album if you're nauseated from something you've eaten
- Nux Vomica for general nausea
- Arsenicum Album for diarrhea
- Carbo Vegetabilis for constipation and gas
- Belladonna & Nux Vomica
- Bryonia Alba for sharp stabbing headaches
- Gelsemium for stage fright
- Aconitum for headaches associated with a cold
- Magnesia Phosphorica or Calcarea Phosphorica
Teething, Colic, Frantically Unpleasable
Injuries, Wounds & Trauma
- Arnica Montana to be used immediately
I hope you find these helpful!
Acupuncture helps with these symptoms too! If you're not feeling well, call for an appointment, and there's no need to cancel if you have one already scheduled and you feel crummy. Your session will help.